Saturday, September 29, 2007

Bread / Pizza Base !




Easy to prepare & Cook, just takes a long time (about an hour)
Also, if you have this, be prepared to cut down your protein for the day - it is very filling though)

Ingredients:

3 cups mashed cauliflower (don't worry about putting it through the blender)
2 level tablespoons of simply fibre
1 egg white
1/4 cup of water (not needed if cauliflower is quite watery, but I find it helps bulk up the simply fibre)

Method:

Add simply fibre to the cauliflower, mix until combined
Add egg white to the mix, and stir until combined
Add water to the mix and stir until combined. (optional)

Line a baking tray with alfoil and lightly spray with extra virgin olive oil.
Add mxture and spread out to desired shape (circle, square...whatever)
Try to keep it at a thickness of approx 3/4 of a centimetre (not too thin like a crepe, not too thick like a normal pizza)
Place in oven at 180 degrees and cook for an hour (flip over halfway during cooking so it cooks both sides and makes it firm - so about 1/2 hr each side)

Very simple! You could use it as a bread, when I first tried it I put my guacamole on it and it was delish! Also lovely for a salad sandwich... You could also use it as a pizza base.

You can also make this into a Naan bread if you're having an indian meal. Add some garlic & coriander before cooking.

3 comments:

Pito and Kath said...

I think i'll have to buy simply fibre tomorrow....!
Thanks for all these great ideas

Angelina said...

Thanks for the feedback :) Let me know how you go!

Jacq said...

Loving this site, and this looks fabulous way for me to have something to dunk in my TF soup ;0)
Thanks so much. I look forward to seeing your pizza topping